The public-outcry auction provides many advantages to sellers and buyers over alternative asset disposal methods. Among these opportunities are:
- Provides excitement, encourages competition, and focuses attention on a "date certain" sale.
- Provides open, fair, and non-discriminatory bidding environment, greatly enhancing opportunities for all purchasers.
- Eliminates high carrying costs.
- Reduces marketing time.
- Creates urgency and energy, a climate that tends to maximize the sale proceeds to the seller.
- Promises minimal defaults because substantial bid deposits are required.
- Provides immediate confirmation of sale.
- Minimizes negotiations between the buyer and the seller.
- Provides a market-based verification of value.
- Provides individual sellers in multiple owner auctions with the benefits of auction marketing at an affordable cost.
- Terms of the sale are already understood and accepted before a bid is placed or accepted.
- Allows individual parcels of land to be offered divided and as a whole in the same day, by-passing long and uncertain retail sales efforts.